Wednesday 10 August 2011

Specifications and first steps...


These are the basic specifications I have figured out so far for the palm reading stall:

>The stall should be exclusive and private - like an enclosure as people would not want others to hear about their future and personality etc, this is very private stuff!
         - thicker walls so that it is harder for sound to penetrate?
         
>The form should evoke a feeling of spirituality as palm reading is considered a form of divination in some aspects since it involves predicting the future and figuring out a person's character. 

>I (the palm reader) should be able to fully devote my attention to one customer at a time while still allowing for other customers to make bookings whenever they arrive at the stall (not making them have to wake).

My tutors gave me the idea of making the structure subtle as the act of palm reading requires palmists to distinguish and take into account minor signs on the palm which is a hard task. 

I have also thought about somehow including the concept of opening yourself up to someone, being extremely brave into the form and structure of the stall. 



No comments:

Post a Comment