Tuesday 16 August 2011

Photoshopping

I further cropped the photos and applied the threshold filter on photoshop so that they were black and white and the detail in the lines, mounts and prints of the hand was obvious.




After this step, I further simplified a few photos so that there was not as much detail and depth, but it was still somewhat recognizable as being a part of a hand. I had to carry out this step in order to use these photographs and the details in the hand captured to make a cut-out pattern on the facade, which I had pretty much decided. I decided to finally use 2 photos which were important to me and summarised palmistry (minor and major lines and mounts).


This shows the lines on our thumb (on the outer side of our hand). My dad told me that the amount of lines in this area shows the amount of children we will have. I am not sure if it is true but it is one of my most vivid memories about palmistry from my childhood. Even if what I was told was not true, it is still a set of minor lines, which are very important in figuring out the small details of a person's life and character.


This shows the 3 major lines of palmistry - The Heart, Life and Brain Line in the middle of our hand. These 3 lines essentially summarises our intelligence, love, and life in general. This photo also shows some mounts on my hand, that lie just beneath my fingers. The apollo mount (below ring finger) tells us about our home, relationships and self expression whereas the mount of mercury (below little finger) is about business, family and honesty.


No comments:

Post a Comment