Tuesday 16 August 2011

Further Development

Before meeting my tutors on Monday, I made a small model (half the size of my 1:20) of the facade to show them. I had decided on having lines really close to each other going from the bottom to the top of the cone on the exterior. If I cut it slightly (or engraved it in the laser cutter), then it would make the material I use (I have been thinking of watercolour paper by the way-tutors suggestion) more inclined to fold in the way I want it to - like a cone.

Also to add more depth and complexity to my design, I thought of various patterns I could cut out from the facade in order to make it have some meaning related to palmistry as well as providing a light source for the inside of the stall. I had finally decided on a snake-type, zig-zag flowy pattern as this is a metaphor for the idea that we are first very confused and caught up in many wordly webs and distractions, but with the help of divination (in this case, palmistry), we are more focused. Therefore the line becomes thinner and straighter towards the top-the hole for the beam.

No comments:

Post a Comment