Thursday 11 August 2011

Enlightenment & Development

When I saw my tutors on Wednesday, I showed them my hand ideas for the structure... but they reminded me that I was being too representative and obvious. I should try to incorporate the feelings and deeper aspects of palmistry (spirituality, subtlety, letting go etc.) rather than the physical aspects.

I felt that centrality and symmetry would create a sense of spirituality and divination, therefore I had decided on a circular floor plan.

I tried to experiment and sketch with a few different shapes - cylinders, domes that showed the idea of centrality well. I also thought about light and almost instantly decided that I wanted singular beam of light from the roof penetrating into the stall somehow.

Then I came up with a simple form that satisfied my 2 ideas and complemented the idea of spirituality in palmistry very well. A cone with a hole on the top -  letting a beam of light into the centre of space. This beam on light emphasizes on the customer, making them feel like they are the only person in the world when they are being told about their palm. This evokes a deeper conciousness of themselves for the customer , therefore emphasising on ther spiritual enlightenment.


 Beam of light through top:


No comments:

Post a Comment