Wednesday 14 September 2011

STAGE TWO

I felt that it was now time to start planning the floor plan of the building - including factors such as the overall shape and the arrangement of the 5 partners on different levels where necessary.


I decided that since the chef will be running a cafe and the photographer a studio, therefore they will need the most public access than the other partners. This is why I decided to put them on the ground floor. Secondly, they will need more space than the Engineer, Architect and Accountant, who will be able to fit in a smaller space. 

Floor Plan shapes:


I thought of a pentagon shape as it has 5 sides/edges, and there are 5 partners in theis business, therefore the building will be able to reflect the partners well. 


This shape was conceived when I tried to put the 2 most convenient shapes of the space needed by the photographer and chef, who will be situated on the bottom floor.


This concept was thought of when I sketched the basic shape of the site and found that this quarter-circle shape best utilises the shape on site. It is also the point closest to the road, able to attract customers to the business.

No comments:

Post a Comment